AWANA Clubs for kids meet every Wednesday from 6:45 to-8:00pm. AWANA is an acronym from 2 Timothy 2:15 — Approved Workers Are Not Ashamed.
AWANA is a fun approach to making the Bible alive and relevant with caring, trained leaders who invest time, love, and wisdom into shaping children’s lives. While kids are having fun together each Wednesday night, they’re learning about Jesus and growing in their faith in Him, too. They learn Bible verses and spiritual truths. They encounter life lessons that feed their soul. They participate in games and activities that train their bodies.
AWANA Groups & Segments
- Puggles — Nursery age
- Cubbies — Preschool 3’s and 4’s
- Sparks — Kindergarten, Grades 1, 2
- T&T (Truth in Training) — Grades 3, 4, and 5
Three segments provide start to finish excitement in every club meeting:
- Opening Time: Kids meet in the NLM Fellowship Hall at the beginning of each AWANA night to learn and sing songs about God and His grace. The clubs will hear an age-appropriate Bible story to learn about character traits that honor God. It’s a time to focus on why we have AWANA, “to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.”
- Handbook Time: Kids work one-on-one in small groups with a trained leader to recite verses they memorized. Leaders talk with children to ensure they understand key Bible verses that teach them how to know and follow God. Awards are given in recognition to children who have completed sections in their handbooks.
- Game Time: Children learn teamwork and sportsmanship in the team competition in the AWANA Games Circle.
We invite you to come and join the New Life AWANA family!